Information on the internals of slang and its use as a library.
slang is designed first and foremost as a collection of software libraries that can be used, in whole or in part, in other projects. Those might include things like linting tools, code editor completion, code generation as part of a build, automated refactoring tools, runtime JITing or interpretation, simulators, and synthesis tools.
This section tries to give an overview of the slang libraries and codebase, and serves as a starting point for learning to use it in your own projects.
- Building & Installation - Instructions for obtaining and building the library
- Common Components - Overview of shared code and practices used throughout the library
- Source Management - APIs for loading and managing source code for compilation
- Diagnostics - APIs that support issuing diagnostics
- Parsing and Syntax - APIs for parsing SystemVerilog source code